Monday 18 February 2013

Argh, matey!

I'm baaaacccckkkk! I guess I'll dedicate this post to tell you all about my little vacation; my work recognizes the top performers in the company and sends them on a nice trip. Last year was Vegas, this year was a cruise to the Bahamas!

My goal during this trip was to get as much vitamin D as possible and maybe get a glowing complexion aka a tan. That definitely did not happen as it rained 75% of the time with the other 25% being chilly and overcast.

You want to know what though? I had an amazing time! I wasn't concerned about my injection marks because I didn't have any reason to hang out in just my bathing suit, I starfished on the most comfortable king size beds, enjoyed quiet time on my balcony with a coffee and book watching the rain, made new friends, rekindled with old ones, drank more margaritas than I should have, rocked a long gown, and danced my butt off til the wee hours of the morning.  Needless to say, I am completely exhausted. Between travel, meetings and planned events, I was always doing something.

Last week I went back and read a few of my first posts and got a hint of resentment towards my disease. You can tell how much more accepting I am now. When you first get diagnosed you think your life will change for the worst and dreams fly out the window. Two years ago if you told me I'd be happily typing on my iPhone while on a plane talking about a work trip, I likely wouldn't believe you. But here I am sitting in comfort class looking out the window watching the mountains go by.

I'm so honored to have been able to go on such a great trip with an awesome group of colleagues from all over Canada. This trip reminded me to stop worrying about the little things and just go with the flow. It also taught me that my MS can't slow me down if I won't let it.  You'd never guess that I'm youngest high achiever within the company for two years in a row, even with a neurological disease! Take that, MS!

No comments:

Post a Comment