Tuesday 19 March 2013

MS & the City

It's been a few weeks since you've heard from me; my crazy hectic life is to blame.  The last I blogged I mentioned there was going to be a big change.  In 4 days I'm moving 2 hours from home to a bigger city where I only know a handful of people.  As scary as that sounds, I'm actually equally excited as I am nervous.  

You often hear about the care taker role of a loved one with Multiple Sclerosis.  I want to prove that I don't need that and that I'm just as independent as I was before my diagnosis.  It isn't me proving this to others, it's proving myself to me personally.  Living at home with my family I find that I need to explain everything I'm doing, eat everything they're eating, go everywhere they go.  This doesn't leave me with much independence or choice.  

This move will force me to learn how to cook and I plan on cooking healthier.  Not the whole grain bread, diet soda, light mayo diet.  I'm going Paleo!  Once I'm settled and ready to start cooking, I will post how the diet works and keep you updated on my progress.  I also plan on getting in a lot more exercise.  My office is about a 10-15 min walk from my apartment.  This will guarantee 30 minutes to an hour of walking if I decide to go home for lunch.  Plus there's a gym just across the street so I really have no excuse to not get a workout in at least every day.  Weekends I'll save for visiting home or adventuring and meeting new people.  I know this new lifestyle is exactly what my MS needs and I need the city for this lifestyle.

So I welcome you to follow me on my newest adventure.  Any tips, advice or support are all appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment