Tuesday 5 March 2013

pep talk

It's official, I have survived ONE YEAR on Rebif!  One year ago I did my very first injection.  I actually had my doubts and didn't think I'd live through a week.  I didn't think I'd be able to stick myself with a needle, I didn't think I'd be able to deal with the burning or the side effects, I didn't think I'd follow the schedule or be consistent with the process.  But I did!! 156 injections.  All it took was a bit of a pep talk before each injection "it'll only hurt for 20 seconds", "I survived my last one", "tonight's side effects won't be that bad", "there's ice cream in the freezer" - the ice cream bribe always works.

Another big change is going to happen in my life, I've wanted this for a while and now that it's here I'm starting to get cold feet.  Just like with the injections, I only need a bit of a pep talk.  I am a powerful young lady and I can and will get through this next chapter of my life.  I will rock at whatever I do.  This is my time.

On that note, here's another great pep talk for all of you wonderful people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o

No comments:

Post a Comment