Sunday 1 October 2023

It's been a minute...

 I had a post drafted for 2021 that I never finished, so let's do a 2021/2022/2023 quick recap:

2021

  • the world is completely back to normal! lol jk
  • finished the my first year of Mavenclad - I had the worst back aches, depression, loss of appetite and the worse nausea - the lockdown definitely didn't help, but I was back to "normal" a little over a month later
  • monthly bloodwork started (and is still a thing to this day)
  • got a promotion at work!
  • lost my fur baby - I'm still so heartbroken
  • sold my condo & moved back with my parents
  • MRI - NO NEW LESIONS!! this meant the crappy feeling was worth it, the meds were working!

2022
  • Mavenclad year 2 - week 1 I felt a bit more invincible and didn't take it easy - side effects kicked my butt and I smartened up for week 2 - nauseous, tired, & sore for a month or so after finishing
  • borders finally opened!
  • got to travel all across Canada - as far West as BC and East to New Brunswick for work
  • my best friend asked me to marry him
  • my third nephew was born
  • MRI - new lesions. ugh
  • neuro suggested to do a 3rd year of Mavenclad
2023
  • Mavenclad whooped my butt again, but lived through it and was back to normalish a month later
  • had two absolutely perfect bridal showers (one in Canada, one in the US)
  • transferred my job to the US
  • moved to the US
  • married the man of my dreams
  • honeymooned in the Dominican
  • traveled to some pretty cool places for work
  • enjoyed a relaxing and yet super busy summer
This brings me to now - September 2023. I think I'm having a relapse. My right thigh started feeling "weird", did a UTI test which showed signs of an infection so I took antibiotic.  A week later, no changes for the better, just for the worst. Both legs started feeling weird, bottom of my feet were tingly, and my ribcage feels so, SO tight. I had just found a MS team here in the US about a month ago so I gave them a call last week when things got really bad (my legs were so restless one night that I just broke down crying and didn't sleep). The MS team suggested to do a few tests before jumping the gun for steroids. To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment