Monday 16 October 2023

New meds, who dis?

 And here we are, back to the drawing board.

Tysabri, Ocrevus, Briumvi, Kesimpta - the four options the doctor gave me to research.

Tysabri - monthly infusions, have been out for a long time, lots of people take it, this is what my last neuro suggested 3 years ago and again last year

Ocrevus - 2 infusions a year, has been out for a few years, lots of people take this one, my last neuro never suggested it (not sure if that was because it was when Covid was hot and heavy and there was a lot of unknowns with covid and ocrevus at that time)

Briumvi - 2 infusions a year, newer, tolerated a bit better than Ocrevus, never heard of it before

Kesimpta - monthly self injections, has been out for a few years, lots of people take it

I thought I wanted Kesimpta. I did injections before, I sure could do it again if I had to. But then I researched Tysabri, talked to the nurse, read a lot of positive posts from people, and made a final decision that this is what I'd go with....until this morning, when I read that I was JCV positive - which increases my risk of PML on Tysabri. Guess that's not an option anymore. Now what? Kesimpta still sounded fine, I did injections before. But I also failed injections before. Do I really want to do that again?? No, definitely not. The doctor made it sound like Briumvi is very similar to Ocrevus but people tolerated it better. But my research showed that it wasn't the best for family planning. Ocrevus? 2 infusions a year. Lots of people take it. Many people have gotten pregnant while on Ocrevus treatment. I think I made my decision?

I see my medical team again in three weeks and I'll tell them I decided to go with Ocrevus. Let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment